May 30, 2013

Cindy Sherman's film stills

Today I was looking through my old school sketchbook, and I found a page on Cindy Sherman's film stills which I still really like. In case you're not really familiar with them, they're a series of sixty-nine black and white photographs of Sherman posing in different settings and portraying stereotypical female roles and identities, as comments on the society and how she sees it. Here's a slideshow of some of her work and a good article about her.

I thought it'd be fun to try and take some of my own stills in the style of Cindy Sherman, and although they might not really represent stereotypical female roles, I quite like how they turned out:





Let me know what you think! I really enjoyed taking these so I might post a couple more later. Also, expect a proper introduction from me in the near future. x

5 comments:

  1. You take great photos

    Aida x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, these are nice. We studied a bit about Cindy Sherman in my art history class. I found it interesting how she was trying to shatter and take control of gender stereotypes. She's pretty cool and your pictures seem to capture a similar film still quality. I really like the last one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you totally nailed it, those pictures are gorgeous , I looove your blog is you're so perfect

    ReplyDelete