June 08, 2013

Andy Warhol collection by Comme des Garçons

I've been ill for the past couple of days and basically spent the whole time watching Studio Ghibli movies, drawing, listening to sad music and browsing my favourite blogs which left me wishing I had more money to buy all the oh-so-pretty clothes I saw and ideas of what to blog about, until I saw the latest post by Aida which reminded me of what I've been wanting to blog about since before I even had a blog. Comme des Garçons is one of the few labels which make me want to stand on top of a hill and scream really loudly about how much I love them, and I'm also a huge fan of Andy Warhol's art so I was basically over the moon when I saw the Comme des Garçons x Andy Warhol Capsule Collection which came out on April 27th.

The collection uses a variety of Warhol's classic prints on some t-shirts, two pairs of shoes, a tote and a backpack, and they're basically the coolest thing ever. Some of the best pieces are-

comme des garcons x andy warhol capsule collection 1 570x340 COMME des GARÇONS x Andy Warhol Capsule Collection
comme des garcons x andy warhol capsule collection 5 570x342 COMME des GARÇONS x Andy Warhol Capsule Collection

These t-shirts. I'm not massively into t-shirts but the prints are really great and the lines make them even cooler and more Warhol-ish, and also this one:

comme des garcons x andy warhol capsule collection 4 570x340 COMME des GARÇONS x Andy Warhol Capsule Collection

It has the quote "If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There's nothing behind it" and also a picture of him on it and I really really like it
comme des garcons x andy warhol capsule collection 8 570x310 COMME des GARÇONS x Andy Warhol Capsule Collection

Also these are practically to die for. I like the other pieces as well, but these are my favourites, and I like how unique and fun but also versatile they are. I wish I could afford any of them or at least be able to save up for them because I have the worst spending habits, which isn't exactly the best thing when you've got the budget of a fourteen-year-old, oh dear~ 
Paulina x

3 comments:

  1. cool post, awh, I love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "which isn't exactly the best thing when you've got the budget of a fourteen-year-old"

    I feel you, Paulina! I feel you

    Aida
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! :D

    Your blog is charming. I love your bio...'bubblegum bitch'? That is genius. Thank you very much for your comment on my last post :) it was a really personal one so I truly appreciate it. I'm following you now on gfc, and I'm your number 1 follower on bloglovin. Booyah!

    Holly xoxo
    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete