June 22, 2013

Beetlejuice and boredom

Hi, y'all! How've you been? I haven't updated this thing for ages but I've been so busy lately asdfghjkl~ It doesn't help that my grandparents are currently over so we've been going on trips the whole time, sigh. I've been feeling kinda uninspired and I've hardly had time to dress up nicely, let alone blog about it or other fashion related things, but my outfit today was really cute and I figured I'd share it. The pinafore dress (Topshop) is one of my favourite clothes I own, and I also really like the shirt (New Look, I think?).


 I bought it because it made me think of Beetlejuice which was one of my favourite movies when I was younger, and this morning when I wore it my stepdad pointed it out which was pretty cool.


I also wore these cute lil' hair clips from the kiddy accessories section at Asda which I wear with pretty much everything recently. (Also, note to self: never try to pluck your eyebrows this much ever again!) 


This photo was taken accidentally but I like how it turned out. You can see the rest of my outfit and also my boots, which are plain black Docs and you'll find me wearing them most of the time, even in the summer, though I've really wanted jelly shoes like these for ages and it's about time to buy some!

I'm really bored of doing things I don't really want to do the whole time, but today I could finally relax and in the morning I went thrift shopping and then visited my friend, and in the afternoon I wrote a story in which I was basically trying to rip off things like Daria or Ghost World and which actually turned out quite good. Also tomorrow I'm in a raft race with my stepdad and some family friends, and we had to build our raft which is viking ship themed and I painted these dragon heads to put on it while listening to the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack (and, of course, singing along to it really loudly and tunelessly) in the shed which was fun, and they turned out really cool:


I'll hopefully have more time to blog next week and although I don't really know what I'll write about yet, I promise it'll be more interesting than me talking about dragon heads. So long~
Paulina x

6 comments:

  1. I love your pinafore, it looks really cute with your Docs.
    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeee your outfit! The shirt with that pinafore is amazing and Docs ftw!

    -Aida

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit, and I think the dragon heads turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pinafore...and there's nothing bad about trying to rip off Daria ;) you could do worse! xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetheart, puh-leeze don't try to 'fit-in' withe surreal, passing world - they'll just use you to abuse you; try to fit-in withe eternal-God-in-Heaven who made YOU and loves YOU with a passion - precisely what I'm trying to do because this earth is only a testing ground, then eternity, either Up -or- down according to OUR choices. Looky here…

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic+epiphany’ (=so much to give+vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete